Eden Roc at Capa Cana looking for a skilled breakfast chef to remodel and newly set up of our breakfast operation We are not so much lacking good presentation of the buffet but rather the variety of items and the quality of food items on the breakfast buffet.
Good knowledge about intercontinental and American breakfast buffets, not local Dominican or Caribbean.
Please find attached the job description.
The CVs should be sent straight to Mr. Schandl email: email@example.com
Breakfast Chef – Eden Roc at Cap Cana – Dominican Republic
Eden Roc at Cap Cana Punta Cana / Cap Cana Dominican Republic
Every memorable dining experience at Eden Roc Cap Cana begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. Your passion for managing food preparation as a Breakfast Chef will inspire your team to create truly spectacular fare.
Hotel Overview: Eden Roc at Cap Cana is a unique and secluded property nestles in the exclusive, beachfront community of Cap Cana at the eastern tip of the Dominican Republic.
Surround by a tropical forest with ecological marvel, with pristine beaches, towering cliffs, a Jack Nicklaus signature golf course and a bustling Marina. Solaya Hotels & Resorts chose this heaven on earth as the ideal spot to build their first ultra-luxurious property, the model for future developments in the Caribbean, United States and Europe.
Solaya’s unique concept for Eden Roc at Cap Cana blends the impeccable standards of the great resorts along the French and Italian Rivieras with the warmth and relaxed charms of the Caribbean.
Think of the magnificent architecture along the French and Italian Rivieras. Add a touch of Spanish Colonial design. And now imagine an enclave of these storybook villas set among the dreamy landscape of the Caribbean. It is a unique interpretation of Mediterranean Riviera romance with a Caribbean twist.
Furthermore Eden Roc at Cap Cana is proud to be the first member of Relais & Chateaux properties in Dominican Republic, an exclusive collection of 520 of the finest charming hotels and gourmet restaurants in 60 countries. Their mission is to spread the Art de Vivre (Art of life) across the globe by selecting outstanding properties with a truly unique character.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
• Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte andor buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
• Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
• Ensure all kitchen Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
• Liaise daily with Outlet Chefs to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
• Continually strive to improve food preparation and presentations
• Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
• Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
• Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
• Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous experience in the Culinary breakfast operation required
• Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Send your resume to Food & Beverage Director Andreas Schandl at firstname.lastname@example.org